a palm-size 5x5-control for vehicular automobile:|
'3600 seconds of performance in every hour of operation'
The design of control systems requires thorough analysis of
methodology as well as action: this design is a simple case.
The palm of the hand sets on a saddle, the heel actuates a stirrup,
the fingers operate the 5x5 tilt-position reins.
The thumb has the emergency-horn+blinkers actuator,
and the early-turn-signal-blinkers switch [automatic in a turn].
[The horn de-actuates after two seconds - and may be reactuated]
Forward/Reverse acceleration [main power]
Over-throw - maximum [non-smoothed anti-skid] deceleration [to braked]
- full-back - full auto-smooth deceleration [to braked]
- half-back - creep back, slow deceleration [to braked]
- center position - maintain velocity [or brake]
- half-forward - creep forward, slow-acceleration
- full-forward - full auto-smooth acceleration
Left/Right steering [guidance]
- full-left - full auto-smooth left-turn-increase
- half-left - slight left-lane-change/bearing-adjust or maintain left-turn
- center position - maintain bearing or straighten from turn
- half-right - slight right-lane-change/bearing-adjust or maintain right-turn
- full-right - full auto-smooth right-turn-increase
© 1996 GrandAdmiralPetry@Lanthus.net